This recipe for Watermelon Salad has been a long-time favorite at WIT Cellars and pairs wonderfully with our Rosé Wine!
This delicate and delicious Rosé of Syrah, Mourvèdre, and Grenache will surprise you with many layers. It has notes of strawberry and grapefruit, which gives way to strawberry shortcake. It is complete with bright acidity and a vibrant palate. The red grapes tell on themselves with just a whisper of color.
- 1 small Watermelon Cubed
- 2 c Arugula
- 3/4 c Feta Cheese
- 1/4 c Red Onion Finely Sliced
- Mint & Basil Garnish
- 3 slices Prosciutto *Optional
- 1/4 c WIT Rosé Wine
- 1/2 c Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 2 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- If using prosciutto, tear apart into smaller pieces and warm in a pan on med heat.Let sit for a couple minutes until crispy. Set aside.
- Mix together watermelon, arugula, feta and red onion with dressing.
- Top with mint, basil, and crispy prosciutto.